Note to New Members ×

Does anyone else hate burton step ins?

DiveBomber

It seems I'm the only person that actually liked the Burton Step-In Race plates.

For me, the step-in mechanism worked the vast majority of the time. There were plenty of times where I went the whole day without having to manually engage the lever to get into the binding.

About the only time I couldn't get into the bindings while I was standing up was during powder days. And then, I found the Burton step-ins easier to get into from the sitting postion than TD2's. I would engage the toe bail, lower my heel and flip the lever.I find it much easier to engage the toe bail first, versus putting in the heel bail first. On powder days, the heel bail on my TD2 would get stuck in the down position and it was a pain to get the heel into the bail.

In fact, for getting in and out of bindings, on flats, steeps, sitting, powder, etc. I found the Burton step-in much easier than my standard TD2.

The only thing I didn't like about the Burton step-in was when I finally broke the heel bail, I couldn't get spare parts. And after close inspection, the construction of the heel bail looks really weak. I would no longer feel safe, carving hard with those bindings.

Now, I would like to put a set of those Burton step-ins on my powder board.

So Divebomber, if you want to sell those bindings cheap, I'll take them off your hands. Or I'll trade you a well used Burton Asym Air (regular) for the bindings. You could use the Asym Air as a rock board.