Note to New Members ×

Nitro Blazer Circuit Series 2

Guest zurfer

I am looking to get started and buy my first boad. I came across this board at a shop for $175. I have been unable to find out much about it anywhere.

It is new but a few years old - anyone have an idea how old or has riden it? Good for a beginning carver? I do have 12 years riding with softboots.

post here or email rubin.mark (at) comcast.net

thanks,

Mark

Hi,

I rode a Nitro Blazer 165 for the last three years. A nice allround board, that works well on piste and in powder. Good quality. Specifications:

Effective Edge: 1395mm; nose/tail width: 272mm; waist width: ca.211mm; Radius 9,6 m; weight 3 kg

This year my Blazer was replaced by a Prior 4 WD 169. A very similar board. My first impression: does everything a little better than the blazer. Donek Axis and Coiler All Mountain are similar as well. Nitro stopped the Blazer Production some years ago.

You cannot go wrong with the blazer for this price.

J.

Originally posted by jpk

Hi,

I rode a Nitro Blazer 165 for the last three years. A nice allround board, that works well on piste and in powder. Good quality. Specifications:

Effective Edge: 1395mm; nose/tail width: 272mm; waist width: ca.211mm; Radius 9,6 m; weight 3 kg

What is your size? Again this will be my first Alpine board so a little msaller is ok. I am 6' 195 lbs - so the 159 maybe just a tad smaller, but the waist is larger at 219 :) for my big feet.

This year my Blazer was replaced by a Prior 4 WD 169. A very similar board. My first impression: does everything a little better than the blazer. Donek Axis and Coiler All Mountain are similar as well. Nitro stopped the Blazer Production some years ago.

SO this would be a few years old - how many 3-4-5? Not that it matters, just curious.

You cannot go wrong with the blazer for this price.

J.

Me: 182 cm, 73 kg.

159 seems to be a little short for your size but easier to handle. You will miss the 6 cm in Powder.

Production ended in 2001 or 2002. See a pic of my board design attached. It was from one of the last two production years.

Size 159: edge: 134 width: 212 radius: 9.3 (metric)

J.

post-40-141842202913_thumb.jpeg

THanks for the info and picture. Yeah I realize a little small , but easier to get started. In Powder I will probably go bakc to my soft boots and my Palmer board, which will easily float - around 25 sm waist. But besides that in New England we do not get much powder and usually ride on frozen granular or ice.

That is what peaked my interest in alpine riding.

thanks again for the info.

mark