Note to New Members ×

think i'm ready for hard boots (pic)?

Guest itodd

When my son was 14 he used to do fully layed out carves like that on his Burton twintip 149 and recover it like it was nothing. We didn't know that was cool at the time and we used to get really pissed off at him for pulling those turns and coming back up the mountain at us and almost killing us all.

Now its 10 years later and fully layed out EC carves are the coolest thing in the world. As a matter of fact, in my 10 years of snowboarding I have never witnessed a "full layed out" EC carve except for my son pulling them on his freestyle board. All other body scrubs I have seen are the result of bomber (angulation centric) turns.

So go recover it. You are almost there.

sic

that looks pretty damn cool. Ive always shied away from photos that werent "pulled"

can you do that and get back up and hit the other side?

if you can carve slightly less dramatically than that in your soft boots, without pain or discomfort, why bother with a hard setup

Originally posted by D-Sub

that looks pretty damn cool. Ive always shied away from photos that werent "pulled"

can you do that and get back up and hit the other side?

I can't. I have been able to many times, but I can't reproduce it enough to say that i can do it. This is one reason I want hardboots. For the meantime, I'll keep on trying.

Guest rick ferguson

Just like d-sub say's , a pulled up one would be sweet! He would be the guy that would know about "PULLING IT UP" , Oppps, sorry , maybe it was something else is is know for "PULLING UP"