Note to New Members ×

need equipment

Guest timothy bowman

Guest timothy bowman

I am new to carving, and new to this forum. I am gonna visit a friend in colorado and he is a advid trench digger. I have loved snowboarding for years, and i am wanting to take the time while i am visiting him to dig a few trenches of my own. I noticed a selection of items that sounded like what i might need. I am 5'7'' 175# size 10 shoe. maybe i can get a hook up. All i have for alpine boarding now is a clothing, helmet, and a will to learn.

Tim

I have just gotten into it this season after 20+ years in softs. You will never go back. Be sure to do your research and there is always plenty of used equipment on this site for sale. Feel free to email me and I can help you thru the learning curve as I have done so this year . I would say start with some TD1's to keep costs down and look for an all-mountain to start with a smaller sidecut (8 or 9). I am 205 lbs and ride a Volant GS 172. It took me a few days to get used to the handling of it and now I think I have it down pat. Looking back I think I would have been better witha board with a more forgiving ride to start.

There are loads or more educated folks on the site and I'm sure they will help you out as well with better knowledge.

Good luck to you and see you out there.

Greg