Note to New Members ×

Splitboard sidewinders on the way. Can you change the e-pads?

Mr_Orange

Got some splitboard sidewinder bindings heading my way,

I can't tell if the e-pads can be swapped on the old splitboard sidewinders.

Are they the same e-pads used on the TD3 sidewinders? 

They come with the blue and i want to get the yellow ones.

Here's some pictures. Trying to see if blue e-pads can be changed. I'm not sure how to properly disassemble this thing or if I even supposed to do so:

I unscrewed the bolt on one side as you can see here:

IMG 0955

The bold on the other side doesn't want to come off. I tried twisting/applying pressure. Is it fixed to the bail...?

IMG 0959

Am i supposed to flex/bend the bail outwards on the right side (see pic below) till it goes over the bolt? 

IMG 0961

NO!!!!!!!!!!!  You do not need to unbolt or disassemble anything!!!

Do not bend the bail for any reason!! 

You need to compress the elastomer on one side of the pivot , remove the elastomer on that side then release the clamp and remove the elastomer on the other side. 

Purchase and take delivery of the yellow elastomers PRIOR to removing the old ones!!  

I use a "C" clamp that I tape up to prevent scratching. I did a video on this process a couple years ago.  Not sure what happened to it.  

Bryan 

!!!!!!!!! Clamps. Got it.

Glad i took the time to post this. 

So the old splitboard sidewinders and current td3 sidewinders use the same e-pads right?

I just want to make sure since the splitboard version is a different design and discontinued.

Call Bomber directly to verify. 

I believe so, but not 100% positive.   My guess is that if there is any difference that they could be shaped to fit.  Again, that is a GUESS!!

Bryan 

Did you buy the pair on Ebay?  I did talk to you about selling my pair, I think I need to hold them now that production has stopped.  

Yup, i was lucky to have found a pair on ebay, but it just had the blue pads instead of the yellow.

I'll check with Bomber.

I'm surprised this product wasn't meant to be disassembled, especially since they sell so many spare parts.