Note to New Members ×

2015 Deaflympics

utahdeafcarver

Hi all,

Long time since I've been on the forum.  Life has gotten in my way.  However, I'd like to update you all on the upcoming 2015 Deaflympics being held in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia, from March 28-April 5.  Check out the website at www.2015deaflympics.org.

Elite Deaf snowboarders from all over the world will be competing in PGS, PSL, SBX, HP and SS events.  This is my fourth time competing in the Deaflympics, having won four medals in the past three Deaflympics.  This year, I am coach for the women's alpine team and also the sole male alpine competitor from the USA.  I will be competing in the SBX event as well.  At the 2014 USASA Nationals, I took the silver in GS, SL and SBX in my competition group.  I know I have an excellent chance of winning medals for the USA.

This is where I need your help.  While the Deaflympics are sanctioned by the IOC, the USOC provides NO financial support to us (as you all well know from the Sochi Olympics).  Funds are needed for airfare, lodging, transportation, food, etc.  Please see my GoFundMe page (www.gofundme.com/eeh8bo), contribute, and spread the word.  I am in need of a new SBX board (I cracked mine last year at Nationals) and Sean at Donek has offered me the generous team discount, but I still need to raise those funds (I'll gladly accept a used SBX board if anyone has one lying around).  And yes, I am contributing my own funds every two weeks.

Your awareness, connections, and support are much appreciated.  Feel free to contact me here if you have any questions.

Much love!

--Jeff--

(why hath Ullr forsaken us this year??!!)

post-157-0-01030500-1423178267_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bump!  Where's the love for a hardbootin' brother representing us and US in Russia?!?  I know there's enough money floating around this forum to get Jeff to the Deaflympics in style.  If everyone who went to SES chipped in just $5 he'd be there....!!!

Edited by two_ravens
  • Like 1

Thanks two_ravens!  I have received some contributions from a couple members of this forum.  Thank you!  Keep spreading the word.

Lee W, the guys who tried out for the team were all on softboot setups and none had racing experience.  It's difficult finding qualified alpine racers in the USA.  After I'm done with 2015 Deaflympics, I will be focusing solely on coaching and establishing a developmental team to prepare for 2019.  And yes, I still have the same cell number.

• 2 weeks later...