Note to New Members ×

As a beginner, what degree should i pick for front/rear cant disk (TD3)?

bueller213

Hi,

I am pretty much a beginner, and I would like to do 75% freecarving and 25% freeriding. What degree should I choose for cant and lift for the TD3. Any advice, thanks!

Hey Bueller, welcome to BomberOnline!! Cant degrees are a very personal choice. Body alignment etc . I like 3/3 and that is pretty centered and neutral. The beauty is you can get a different cant and try other options pretty easily.

If I may be so bold as to suggest:

Post up on the "Ride Board" for So Cal. There are a bunch of great BOL members in your area. I would guess they would be more

than helpful if you contacted them. (They might be able to loan or trade out some cants 0/6 if you want to experiment.

Check out the new member / carver area. Some good reading in there.

Welcome again to BOL!!!

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Also any recommendation for boots? Its the Head Stratus Pro on the store site a good buy? Those Deeluxe models are out of my budget. thanks.

They tend to be on the stiffer side. They are very good quality boots.

Suggestion:

Turn on your BOL PM (email) so folks can contact you via the site.

Fill in your USER info as much as you are comfortable with. (Saves allot of time , folks know a little more about you.

Post up your height and weight / foot size. Some boots are better for heavier riders.

Post up on the "Ride Board" , one of the more experience rider could help get you up to speed.

You will not believe how helpful most BOL members are. You are in a good place :)

Bryan

Hi,

I am pretty much a beginner, and I would like to do 75% freecarving and 25% freeriding. What degree should I choose for cant and lift for the TD3. Any advice, thanks!

FWIW I'm 6'2" 215lbs and only freecarve and freeride. I use 3 degree cant discs in both applications under TD3 step-ins and on top of blue e-rings for freecarving and yellow e-rings for freeriding.

You can see my current board set-ups in my profile. Except for the Prior WCRM which is no longer rideable.

post-7081-141842394236_thumb.gif

On the upside there is now a Coiler NSR 185cm 20cm waist coming from Bruce for next winter :eplus2:. And seeing as I'll now have UPM inserts probably an AF plate from Sean too.... (When's it going to start snowing again?)

Also any recommendation for boots? Its the Head Stratus Pro on the store site a good buy? Those Deeluxe models are out of my budget. thanks.

Ok same thing. I use UPZs RTRs for freecarving (these are the model that preceded the current generation RTRs). And I use UPZ ATBs for freeriding. In both cases I've changed out the liner to go to Deeluxe 141 thermofit liners, and in both boots I'm using the UPZ black tongues. This softened the RTRs and stiffened the ATBs.

And seeing as I have completely flat abnormal feet my boots have seen much love from a bootfitter. On the upside they now fit pretty much like slippers.

Even with bootfitting I couldn't get the Deeluxe boots to work with my foot shape. UPZs are wide toe box and narrow heel. The Deeluxes are pretty much the opposite. Heads Stratos Pros, I've never tried, but I personally know one guy who swears by them, and Phil (on here) uses them for everything from freecarving to powder riding (with the appropriate board of course).

Cheers,

Dave