Note to New Members ×

Doug Dryer has passed away.

We heard from a friend here in Bend that he had pancreatic cancer and it was fast.

What happened? I met Doug 3 years ago when I moved to Bend, I can't tell you how many people see me on alpine gear and ask me if I know Doug. I had beers with him but never got the chance to ride with him. The last I heard, he separated from his wife and moved to Mauii. He is a legend around here not only amongst boarders but also skiers who have seen him ride. I have ridden the chair with 60-70 year old skiers that tell me they don't respect boarders " but there was this guy named Doug." He was a true craftsman and woodworker and such a bad ass that I was scared to ride with him.

Lots of us in Bend have fond memories of Doug and are so sad to hear this news. We have bought skis from him, shared a beer and a lift line with him, had a meal with him, seen his incredible wood work with the wine boxes and golf clubs, watched amazed as he boarded on the big Kahuna, been treated to his Caesar salad dressing, gone to church with him...He had a wonderful spiritual renewal here in Bend after hearing "LIfe WIthout Limbs" Nick Vujicic. Quite the timing, eh? I will try to upload some pics. Miss you Doug. See you in heaven.

post-12364-141842394933_thumb.jpg

post-12364-141842394934_thumb.jpg

post-12364-141842394937_thumb.jpg