Note to New Members ×

New guy in UT.

Unicorn Poop

Haha, Buell... that must have been before the afternoon rush; there were probably about ten people there at one point. It was crazy.

Even on an old board in flat light turning into a blizzard at the end of the day, I had fun, made some great improvement throughout the day, and look forward to a better board on a sunny day.

As the day progressed, my feet became more and more comfortable, so I think this is going to work for me. I had a little shin bang towards the end of the day, but as I sit in my living room typing this, I have no residual pain as I had with soft boots. I did have to remove my custom molded insoles, though. They took up too much vertical room, which caused my feet to be crushed when the boots were clamped down.

When I had the boots fitted, the fellow did it with the insoles out because they're plastic and he didn't want them to melt, then I stuck my feet in the boots, and then after they cooled, he trimmed the insoles and put them in. I may go back to have them reheat the liners and immediately install the insoles and then stand in them. Luckily, I didn't pay for the first fitting.