Note to New Members ×

Softboot board donek incline or never summer raptor?

bigmike13

I've ridden incline 160 and Titan 156 (before NS changed camber profile, reduced sidecut radius and rebranded it as raptor).

For carving, incline wins by landslide. Torsionally very stiff, bigger sidecut radius. Can't describe it fully myself, but incline seems to have the 'right flex' for serious carving.

For all mountain freestyle and jibbing, Titan seems a bit better. A bit more playful, torsionally much softer. For carving, however, the flex feels 'wrong'.

Incline is definitely more durable than Titan, but also heavier. Incline also comes with free customisation.

Considering both boards are advertised as freecarve/free ride boards, Incline is superior to Raptor, IMHO. You might be able to find Raptor in sales bin somewhere so I recon Raptor is a bit cheaper.

Well I'm keeping Donek and selling NS.

If you want some freestyle or jibbing, better get a special board, i think.

I got Incline standing next to me. Got it from sales here, and it was cheaper then Raptor. Check out demo sales, there are couple of Sabers.

I've also got Legacy-R 174 with rocker profile. It really bad for carving. It's fun to ride, jump and even jib, but once you wanna get fun with carves you fail. May be it's just me ) I'd say, when i ride Incline.

I demoed raptor last winter. It was nice but def. not something you would get to carve or to hit the park.

I thought it would be a good powder board. with the rocker it would really float better.

When you put it on flat ground front of the board was up like inch or two ( alot more than other rockered board)

Carbonium top sheet was really nice. If you are planning on getting one for the powder day tree runs, it would be good.

but it won't be useful in any other situation (even then i think premier f1 is more suited for that)

Also it was less damper than premier f1.