Note to New Members ×

OMG is it only September?

Puddy Tat

I was driving down a windy highway at about 60mph today thinking about how nice it would be to be able to do 90 so I could feel the G's on the corner. Then I realized I really just wanted to be able to feel the G's whole on a board.

I only survived summer by longboarding, wakeboarding, and putting a couple of days on a Florider while on vacation.

Now the boat is out of the water, the florider is 13 hours away, and I just started taking an MBA so my longboard is getting curtailed. I don't know how I'm going to make it until November.

Augh two more months!!!! :freak3: I'd like to apologize in advance for sounding a bit cranky for the next couple of months.

It was 100 degrees again today. We get to see 4 more days of 100 degree temps after a short 8 day break. We had high temps of over 100 almost everyday since May. We haven't had really any rain since last October and, right now, we here in Houston are 30 inches behind in our annual average rainfall tally. There's a huge wildfire just about 20 miles north of Houston and a huge wildfire about 50 miles east of Austin. Yes, it's just September...I cannot tell you how much I'm hoping for cool weather. About 1/3-2/3 of the trees in SE Texas have died-and the drought is expected to last another year. Our trees are big oaks, hackberries, sycamores, loblolly pines, cypress...all dying. The stand of "lost pines" in Bastrop Co. are gone now.