Note to New Members ×

Mobil Credit Card App "SQUARE"

www.oldsnowboards.com

Anyone using this product or any of it's competitors yet? Less than paypal in person. More if not.

Card-present (swiped): 2.75%

Card-not-present (keyed-in): 3.5% + 15¢

Direct deposit your your account.

Seems pretty slick for local sales?? No other costs. free app , free swipe attachment for your phone.

Square card payment rates

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iBieYjxUj5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J2_u2nMsgjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No I have not heard of it.. but on a side note.. I went to Arco to get gas the other day -- usually use Chevron. Sign on the pump was "$.45 will be charged to your card" to use this pump with credit card so I left and got gas elsewhere.

No I have not heard of it.. but on a side note.. I went to Arco to get gas the other day -- usually use Chevron. Sign on the pump was "$.45 will be charged to your card" to use this pump with credit card so I left and got gas elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure that is a violation of the credit card companies agreement with the vendor.

I'm pretty sure that is a violation of the credit card companies agreement with the vendor.

If it is, then a great majority of our PNW gas stations are in violation.

Some of the lowest price gas stations now refuse credit cards and only accept debt WITH a fee. Much like allot of cash machines. You are given an opt out at the time of purchase.

I think Square Up is another useful method of making transactions. I really only see it coming into play if for instance I am selling a snowboard to a local that would rather use his credit card to defer payment, pay on time or perhaps for security (not carrying cash and or knowing he has recourse with his cc company) It could also be handy if someone does not want to use Paypal and Does want to use their cc. The fees are just a bit higher than Paypal and if the buyer doesn't mind paying it. I would oblige if they were a BOL member of good standing. Seems useful and worth a try with no start up costs (which is why most folks do not have a cc provider)

They also provide services to track cash sales (no cost) for booking keeping purposes.

If it is, then a great majority of our PNW gas stations are in violation.

Some of the lowest price gas stations now refuse credit cards and only accept debt WITH a fee. Much like allot of cash machines. You are given an opt out at the time of purchase.

I think Square Up is another useful method of making transactions. I really only see it coming into play if for instance I am selling a snowboard to a local that would rather use his credit card to defer payment, pay on time or perhaps for security (not carrying cash and or knowing he has recourse with his cc company) It could also be handy if someone does not want to use Paypal and Does want to use their cc. The fees are just a bit higher than Paypal and if the buyer doesn't mind paying it. I would oblige if they were a BOL member of good standing. Seems useful and worth a try with no start up costs (which is why most folks do not have a cc provider)

They also provide services to track cash sales (no cost) for booking keeping purposes.

http://consumerist.com/2008/07/more-on-minimum-purchases-surcharges-and-other-credit-card-merchant-agreement-violations-from-the-co.html