Note to New Members ×

MLY Signature 167?

newcarver

Scored one of these with softboot bindings. It is orange and fades into black at the bottom. Looks to be in good shape. Will this be a good FC/AM type board for a 160 lbs rider? Bindings are running very steep angles so I'm assuming this is fairly narrow waisted? Anybody have any specs on this board? Didn't come up with much doing a search. See that D-sub loves this board. How does it compare to a Oxygen Apex 165?

I bought such MLY 167 from D-Sub 3 or 4 years ago. It was my wifes learning board and worked very well. It was 22cm wide and 10.5 R. It also came in handy when my freind from Germany arrived and his board was still in Paris. Now it is living large under a newbs feet. Mine was a Shannon Melhuse sig, purple/with the surfer guy on the tail.

Mine is a Shane Melhuse model with his sig on the nose. Thinking this will be a good board to take out when conditions are not so great. Will keep me from tearing up my SG Cult 169. But hopefully ride somewhere as good. Will probably be a better free carver as it is 1.6 cm narrower than the SG. Got the old Apex for real bad conditions. Haven't taken it out yet. Will try it tomorrow. Apex looks like it should be a decent carver.

• 10 months later...
either of you want to get rid of thse MLY's?

Curious why the sudden interest? An interesting story? Step back in time to the days of Dave raving about the little MLY that could?

What is your best offer for a mint MLY? Either model.

I will make you a package deal with some Boots and bindings :)

(noting the original thread was started nearly a year ago)

I actualy already have one (purple one) and however I wanted to use it for BX racing, and threw a couple layers of carbon on it, theres more to the story... but bottom line its too stiff and heavy now... But I got it with bindings for $75...

I just remeber that before I modded it, the first day i had it out, it really was surfy like! Just wish there was a modern metal version of it with a little longer edge length.

I guess you could say that, maybe just 10% stiffer.

Do you have any specs on it? aside from waist and length?

ITs funny Ive been thinking it about it quite a bit lately and since I still have cash from being screwed over by bordy and Billy, im almost thinking about having a new custom one made.

before I screwed this one up, I actually previously put a layer of Carbon, aluminum, and a pair of titanal wings infront of the front bindings, and it was one of the most fun boards Ive ever ridden, every turn was in the air with out even trying, I felt like Peter Bauer and Jean Nerva:biggthump

• 4 weeks later...
hellooo?

"Sorry, are you talkin to me?"

Sorry DB. Just don't have allot of time to deal with this right now.

I would default to "not for sale" for the time being.

There are few different models/ graphics / lengths.

I like them being in the collection / big fan of Shannon and MLY.

Local company , run by an old snowboard legend and friend.

My guess is you would not pay what I would. IMHO.

Bryan

"Sorry, are you talkin to me?"

Sorry DB. Just don't have allot of time to deal with this right now.

I would default to "not for sale" for the time being.

There are few different models/ graphics / lengths.

I like them being in the collection / big fan of Shannon and MLY.

Local company , run by an old snowboard legend and friend.

My guess is you would not pay what I would. IMHO.

Bryan

Well what better way to appreciate them than to ride them like they were meant to be ridden?

Ok how about a trade for a BRAND new Burton PJ, still with factory stickers on it!