Note to New Members ×

Source for Nidecker binding parts?

two_ravens

Picked up some used Nidecker carbon comp bindings. Like Snowpros, they use lots of little plastic parts to achieve lift and cant. Looking to get some more pieces to make them work for me. Anyone know how to find parts? Tried calling the number listed on Nidecker's website for the US rep - it belongs to the chamber of commerce in Ogden, UT. Called Hardbooter and tried the number they gave me - but it is disconnected. Anyone have any better ideas?

Yup, look just like those! :) I did see your post, and if I had the money I would just buy the extra set, especially since one of the parts I wanted was an extra set of center disks. I'd like to put these on my powder board - a Burton Fish - because they're so light weight, but hate to mangle the only set of center disks I have to make them work.

So for now I will just cut something up for more cant pieces and try them on a four hole board..... Going to a ski shop for material is a good idea - thanks!

BTW - these are incredibly easy to adjust for boot size. Easily got them to fit my mondo 23 shells, with plenty of adjustment room to spare.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ooh yeah, I did it Yesterday. Riding outfield can be so fun! :)

I don´t know, if NdK is still there:

Nidecker USA, Burlington ++1 802 860 1788

Even at Switzerland they don´t more have platebindings & parts since Years.

So it´s hard to find now a full set of customizing parts.

Plastic parts to achieve lift (4°) and cant (3°/6°), all the screws and bails are same like on Nidecker Free Carve plastic bindings. So You can watch out to such used stuff for to help to customize Your bindings.

Take care on the center disk. They have a special and smaller diameter then Nidecker Free Carve plate plastic bindings. They are not compatible to any other known plate bindings! For Nidecker Carbon Comp there are center disk out of carbon, but also them out of reinforced plastics.

By the way:

It's not a good idea for to go to very low binding angles with the Nidecker Carbon Comp. The design was for extreme freecarving or slalom racing and not for freeriding.

For to save additional 3.3 OZ of weight per pair, go to the Fritschi´s Compact binding (1 lb 3.1 OZ one piece). It's same like Nidecker FX 1.7.

If You are lightweigt, take a view to the absolute similar looking Fritschi Pure / Ndk FX 1.2 / Sims M-Plate bindings (is lighter than the Compact). These are Yought bindings with weight limit to 120 lbs, fiting up to about MP 26.

Fritschi Compact bindings offers 25-65 degree angles and comes with a fix 3 degree canting (like Fritschi Pure too). They fit boots with sole lenghts of 10-1/2 to 13-1/2 inch. Price tag was at about $100.- (Ndk Carbon Comp was at $170.-)

The Fritschi Compact is a realy simple binding design without any gimmicks.

Remember, on D-Day they choose to go by Jeep, not by Cadillac.

So for D-Days outfield on snow I rather recommend to go by Fritschi Compact then by the Nidecker Carbon Comp.

Just ride Your nice line, good-bye :biggthump

post-10892-14184234469_thumb.jpg

post-10892-141842344692_thumb.jpg