Note to New Members ×

Canadian Grand Prix

C5 Golfer

Watching a bit of the race -- and am so impressed with the technology.

small 2.4 liter V-8 motor running 18,000 rpm at >700 HP, 0-100mph and back to 0 time is 5 seconds, car can stop in 2.9 seconds from 124 mph, the pit stops are 4 seconds, and best of all-- the aerodynamics give enough down force to theoretically allow the car to drive upside-down on the ceiling. Phukkeneh Eh?

I'm just happy there was a race that didnt make me regret watching it (see: bahrain, barca, etc).

For all the nuts tech noted, it still surprised me to see a 'fast lap' at circuit GV was in the 1:17's... i seem to remember 1:13-1:10's being 'fast laps' back in the late 90's. That said, the fact they can even drive those cars with how tiny the wings and tire contact patches are now is probably the most impressive part of the package (while adjusting front wing trim, brake bias, engine map and plugging the f-duct with knee or hand).

First time i havent attended that race since.... i cant remember.... still have a bitter taste in my mouth from when bernie cancelled it. Need a new excuse to do a weekend in Montreal. Need my Banquise fix.

Great drive from Lewis & Jense. I'm amazed Lewis & Alonso made it out of the pits side by each without something happening. And someone needs to have a chat with Massa. Maybe have him re-test for his superlicense. One lap without contacting any other car on the track please.