Note to New Members ×

I have some questions about my riding

jonbass

I have a few questions about my riding I'd like to ask. If you can help me out with your knowledge that would be great!

1) Last time I was riding, I found I was leaning way back on my tail to keep a carve going. Would it be beneficial to move my stance back a bit?

2) What is the effect of moving your stance back towards the tail? How does your technique change?

3) How about moving it forward?

4) There is a pretty steep face on a section of a run that I've been riding. When I'm riding a fairly steep face I have to skid to scrub speed. I really skid back and forth. It is too steep for me to carve. Once I've skidded my heelside edge I find that it is really hard to turn the nose back down hill to go to a toeside turn. I really have to hop. What am I doing wrong? How can i improve this?

5) I've been working on having my board turn and carve while my body maintains a fairly straight line down the hill I think they have been called crossunders, crossthroughs and crossovers. Are they different things? What are they?