Note to New Members ×

Christmass in Stubaital

Perlyshko

Hello Riders,

I decided to spend this Christmas in Stubai again and am wondering, does anyone know a good school or an instructor there who could teach me carving in hardboots and on hard board?

I admit that I am not sure how badly I start my first ride this season, but it would be very nice to get an advice or a hint on what I do wrong. If there is someone riding at the same time the glacier's track and have a moment to help me with carving, I would really appreciate that.

One more question regardless to the above one, I checked few "teaching" videos again today and noticed that many Carvers keep their shoulders "facing" downhill and having their rear leg bent more than the front. Would you, please, explain this phenomena to me as I heard that shoulders are to be inline with the side line of the board.

I tend to stretch my rear leg instead of keeping it bent more than front one, may be this is the secret of my failure?

Hallo mc-alex,

Well, I am from Russia in my origin, but speaking about my current location I am from The Czech Republic. Pretty undetermined it does sound. :)

I will be in Stubaital already snowballing from December 20th till December 26th. So if by any chance you are there at the same time, we could come across so that I could spy a bit at your style.

Last year at the same time I saw few riders, one of them was wearing a yellow jacket. I still remember his face watching myself sitting on the slope and passing by as if he was born on the alpine board and hard boots. Such an envy I felt. :)

What gear do you ride? And where are you from?

Cheers

It IS a pity. Then I wish you a terrific after-Christmas ride. On my turn, I will do my best to get my Christmas present - a good ride(I hope for eventual carving) on my SG cult. May be I would be lucky to catch some hardbooter on the slope. I got a bit faster than last year.:)

Full Race is my dream. Hard angles and speed is a real temptation. Yet is too earlier for someone, who fails to put the board on the edge. I am still fighting with body balance and hard boots by UPZ.