Note to New Members ×

First Time in Hardboots in about 15 years.

jonbass

Sorry. No video. Just wanted to talk about my day riding.

Went out today on my Hot Blast. Something clicked and it started to turn really nicely. We got a couple of inches of snow and I felt like my edges were holding well. That might have been the difference. It has been hard pack and ice all season. It is nice to have some grippy snow. By afternoon it was scraped down to the hardpack and it started to get sketchy.

I spent some time on a mild slope working on crossovers or crossunders or crossthroughs (I'm not sore what the difference is) when I was at Alyeska and the conditions were bad. I think it made a difference in my edge to edge transitions.

It may sound silly but today I concentrated on puffing my chest out. I hunch over a lot when I ride and pushing my chest out seems to help me drive my hip through my knees to the board...does that make sense? Is that bad technique?

I still can't figure out how I make the board turn tight sometimes and sometimes it will only turn big.

Overall, my best day yet. :biggthump

• 2 weeks later...

Still no video but i found some other hardbbooters here in Whitehorse. There were 5 alpine boards on the hill on Saturday including myself. One board was an assym board with soft bindings ridden by a younger kid but his parents were hardbooting! I think I was more excited to see other hb riders than they were. :D

I have also gotten very comfortable with my hot blast. I am no longer scared of it. it is so fun on groomers. I even plow through some rough chop pretty confidently. Fun!