Note to New Members ×

Questions about burton shadow boot and is it possible to modify into a shadowind?

valsam

I just bought a pair of shadow boots for the extreme amount of 1 euro ( man i love e-bay!) and they were in excellent condition (the guy had used them about 10 times) and i see that the medial flex is free i mean that there is no choice of locking or screwing the inner side of the boot(where the round yellow burton logo is!)!

Is this normal for the boot to tilt free from 0-10 degree while the outside of the boot is steady ???

w2048.pngshadowb.th.jpg

The arrow shows were the boot slides up and down freely from the upper line to the bottom one !

Also since i have a pair of wind's i was thinking of trying to mod the shadow's with the upper part of the wind's so that i may have the 4 buckles + strap but i don't know if the lean lock mechanism will work and also change all the buckles because the shadow's don't have the micro adjust thing.

Will this work ???

I believe that's the way the boots came. It's been along time since I worked on the boots so you'll have to verify that my idea will work.

The yellow Burton logo is on what is basically a large rivit. Cut the back of the rivit off inside the boot. Pull the rivit out so you can fill the the slot with something like a thin nut or peice of plastic.What ever you use to fill the slot should fit snug and not be to thick that it interferes with the travel of the cuff.This will lock you in one position. Then drill a hole through the rivit and t-bolt the boot and cuff together.

That's basic idea.You can e-mail me through my bomber profile if you have question.

As for combining the two boots it may be possible if the parts match, its just alot more work.

Norman