Note to New Members ×

Screwed but don't know it yet??

bjvircks

Anyone know anything about the new 'FlexPerks' program?

I'm wondering if the new rewards program my credit card is putting into place is going to screw me over or if I'll actually get a reasonable value from it with reasonable effort.

I used to get freqent flyer miles with the old Northwest. I did pretty well with accrued flying miles, creditcard miles and some other miles generating things. I got fairly good at knowing how and when I could redeem miles for tickets. The new card program has moved to points which supposedly can be used without blackout dates or other restrictions on 150 different carriers. The points can also be redeemed for certificates to be used for car rentals, lodging, merchandise.

I'm betting that there are all sorts of hooks lurking in the deal. like-- Sure, you can get a free ticket, but you have to go thru OUR website were WE provide what WE want to offer at the exchange rate WE set. Oh... you want to buy a ticket for your wife so she can travel with you? Well, well,well... There are all sorts of fees, charges and and other things tacked on for that privilege. etc, etc, etc.