Note to New Members ×

TD1 Variable Bumpers?

I just scored some old TD1,s off Ebay and got the blue bumpers with them. I never tried Trenchdiggers before but assume you can adjust the pressure you put on the board edge by using variable bumpers? Is that what the discussions were a couple years ago when the Trenchdiggers were the latest thing? If so.Does anyone have a set of the softer bumpers? Or where can I get them? What am I looking for? I have a really stiff Prior 4wd I want to turn a little easier.....?

The Prior 4wd is not a super stiff board but it might feel stiff to you if you are a lighter weight rider. I weigh 185 and feel that the Prior 4wd is easy to ride and fun and does not require me to muscle it to death to turn it. As far as bumpers for TD1- good luck as that binding is no longer in production. I have 2 pairs and ride with purple or yellow bumpers. i think the Yellow is a bit nicer when riding all mountain. I don't think the bumpers make that much difference in how much turning power you will have.I will continue to use my td1's for a while as I can't afford to replace them for now. I do have a pair of Td3's which I like better but the td1 will still work.You might contact Bomber and see if they have any bumpers left for the tD1 but I don't think they are making parts for that binding anymore.I ride step in and will be replacing my F2 heels with Fintech when they wear out and at that time my Td1 bindings will be obsolete as the Fintech heel will not work with aluminum heel receivers. It will be nice to use American made parts all the way for heels and bindings!