Note to New Members ×

Nice Bus ride

C5 Golfer

In Seattle with nasty snow last several days. Seattle for those that do not know does not get very much if any snow thru the winter but this year has been different. All the hills we have make it undriveable most of the time if it snows and gets icy.

There are actually 2 busses in this accicdent - one does not show.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008541924_bus20m.html

post-53-141842267298_thumb.jpg

I don't know about the hills in Seattle, but I couldn't help but think "Silly Seattlers". I was actually driving around two days ago on a few inches of snow in residential areas with streets that are rarely plowed (so the snow banks pretty much reduce driving space to one lane), thinking, "I wonder what living here would be like for people who've never seen snow for half the year?"

gonna post this on Gilmours ski deals but thot it was semi appropo for the bus thread, prob safer than taking the Fung Wa to NYC

posted on onthesnow.com yesterday

by Roger Leo, Associate Editor, OnTheSnow.com posted: 12/22/2008

Skiers/riders can hop on in Southern New England.

and have joined forces to offer the Loon Express twice a week this winter, beginning Jan. 4 on non-holiday Sunday and Friday mornings.

The service runs from Providence, R.I. to Loon, stopping several places en route including Boston .

Cost is $59.95 per person Fridays and $69.95 per person Sundays, and includes round-trip bus transportation and an all-day lift ticket.

Reservations are required. Call New England Action Sports at (800) 477-7669.

The first stop on the Loon Express is the University of Rhode Island, starting at 5:30 a.m. The Express will then stop at the NEAS Parking Lot in Warwick; Brown University; Rhode Island School of Design; and then head to Boston.

Pick-up locations in Boston include the MBTA parking lot on Grove Street, St. Ignatius Church near Boston College in Chestnut Hill, and Boston University.

The Express will leave Loon Mountain at 4:30 p.m. to return skiers and riders back home to Boston and Providence.

Unlike many bus trips that are run to ski resorts, participants do not need to be part of a pre-existing ski club or group. Any individual, couple, or small group can make a reservation and take the bus.

"We designed the Loon Express around the fact that a lot of our guests, especially college students, want to ski and ride at Loon, but don't have a car, or they are looking for a way to save on gas expenses," said Andrew Noyes, Loon Mountain Director of Sales.

New England Action Sports runs similar day trips to other resorts around New England, listed on their Web site.