Note to New Members ×

Alpine Crisis Music

Guest stoked

Guest stoked

Hi,

I thought it would be cool to have some music on the site so there now is a 'Grooves' page at stoked.at with clips from 4 bands so far.

Another thing I wondered why alpine equipment is so rare in stores and why many manufacturers like Burton left the market ...

I find it hard to believe that something that is so much fun (freecarving) cannot be marketed as it even looks great on pictures and videos.

Also I find it questionable to recommend freestyle/freeride setups to every beginner without regard to what they actually want to do.

It seems to me that the alpine market share could be bigger than 5% if people knew about it.

Anyway I didn't follow the development over the last years and just know that it was very popular at least in Europe.

I know this was discussed probably 100 times earlier but if you have time to post your opinion, rumours and facts I'd appreciate it very much ...

Thanks,

Bernhard

http://stoked.at

Guest stoked

Okay I did some thinking myself and will check the other threads again - just wondered especially if anyone might have actual facts about the development of the alpine market and manufacturers marketing strategies ...

Anyway my view on alpine riding is available at http://stoked.at/riders/bh and there's also a link to a message I posted to the forum at snowboard.com that got deleted rather quickly although nobody considered it to be spam and it didn't create a flame war ...

This here is closer to spam I guess but while I'm at it :) let me also mention that I got a great and I mean real cool picture that was too big in filesize to attach it here so have a look at http://stoked.at/victoria_jealouse.html (someone mentioned that picture here in the forum because it appeared in a magazine this season yes 2004)

Hey Stoked, it is a great photo! Jon Foster is the photographer. If it hasn't already, I would be surprised if it doesn't show up in "Snowboard Journal". I think their new Quarterly would be the IDEAL forum for a article about "The Carving Revival". It really fits. High dollar mag with much broader scope. I.E. Awesome powder shots,real backcountry shots, quirky articles for those interested in more than tricks and big hits. I think Jon Foster and Burton Early Pro and all around good guy Jason Ford would certainly entertain well written articles and photos for future issues. It would certainly fit with your interest to promote the alpine snowboarding sport in general. Good fit!! PS> Thanks for your efforts to do the same at your site. Hosting all the videos is a big favor to all. My thanks!! Bryan Snowboard Journal Magazine Site

Hi Jim, it is a quarterly, modeled after "Surfer's Quarterly".

I believe there has only been two issues published as of date. A 3rd is not far off. 40$ annual (4 issues) , 12.95$ per issue if you can find one. Check the big book stores , cigar -mag stores or the high end snowboard shops. Definitely worth a look. I know both Ed and "The Foley" have subscriptions. Your welcome to check out mine if we meet. Bryan

Guest stoked

Oh "promote the alpine snowboarding sport" I guess if my "efforts" are worth such words it just illustrates the alpine crisis :)

As far as I know the picture was not made this year but appeared in the SB Journal's first issue this year and I got it from Jon Foster.

Unfortunately I can't check out single issues of the Journal but maybe I'll subscribe anyway - the oldsnowboards site is a cool idea funny pictures there ...

Burton ad picture? Bryan email? Please let me know at info@stoked.at