Note to New Members ×

Brands

GStam93

I'm currently riding a '93 Oxygen F-67. I'm looking at getting a new board for the 09/10 season. I had pretty much settled on a Coiler RC 180, because of the high opinions everyone here seems to have of Coilers in general.

However, a couple of weeks ago I had the owner of a local ski shop tell me that a bunch of guys in the Edmonton area had Coilers but they didn't hold up (no info on dates). He was suggesting the same group of people were now riding Voelkls. I strongly suspect he was feeding me a line of BS as he wasn't going to get a sale if I buy a Coiler, while he can order me a Voelkl RT through his shop.

I was just wondering has anyone here ever had any durability issues with Coilers, or if these are old issues that Bruce has now solved. I know at one time Coiler had long lead times so I was going to look at ordering one of these in March/April to have it delivered for the 09/10 season.

Any comments would be appreciated.

of Crap!

I ride a coiler AM 172 as well as a PRII 184...these boards are awesome (oh ya and I'm in Alberta too). Give up on that shop.

Bruce is the king, he will do you well.

Also Chris with Prior could set you up too.

I'm 210lbs and also a hard carver. I mostly ride my boards neutral or on the nose and the coilers do not dissapoint. Also I rode the 174 4WD from Prior and those boards also do well with forward pressure (more off-groom oriented though).

Either way, your new board will be stiffer and more responsive than the O2.

I may be heading down your way to go ride at Marmot in January. Maybe we could hook up for some turns.

Good luck.

-Gord