Note to New Members ×

New Old Board

newcarver

Has anyone ever had a custom, new board made to the same shape as an old "vintage" board? Reason for asking is that there are a lot of cool really good older boards out there but are made with old tech. Would be nice to have one of these older boards in a modern, light weight version with new tech. You could also slightly tweek it to be exactly what you want. If someone would do this, how hard would it be to get the same flex patterns and such? Also, what would this cost$$$. Have a NOS board that I love and it would be impossible to find another once it is worn out. Also would like to have a longer version of it.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you ride newer shapes with the latest materials. Jumping on a Prior or Coiler Metal will make you quickly forget about your "favorite" NOS board shape. ;)

But yeah I see no reason why you couldn't replicate an older shape from a custom board maker. I don't think it would ever be 100% identical but you might end up with something better with newer materials anyways.

Yeah, I need to demo a "new" board. I know that it will probably be a night and day difference. Still would be cool to have something a little different. I would like to try out a Coiler AM one day and will be demoing some Duprazes at Monarch this Fri I hope. Hopefully I can make it out for a couple of days to SES 09 :biggthump and try out some new gear. I don't think any of my current carving boards are from this decade:o