Note to New Members ×

159 Nidecker Proto--Great Shape!

scrapster

Hi All,

Nice site! I'm glad to see so many local riders online.

I just picked up a board that isn't going to work for me, and thought I'd offer it up to an appreciating audience. Its a 159 Nidecker Proto in beautiful condition. I'd say this model is about 3 to 4 years old. It has a 19.5cm waist, cap construction and a webbed swallow tail. It has Nidecker's "supreme" wood core. I know the board has been ridden a few times, but honestly, I can only see one or two VERY faint scuffs on the topsheet--less than most shop worn boards I run into. I wouldn't hesitate to call it "almost new." Its really one of the coolest looking boards I've ever seen, but its just narrower than what I'm looking for right now.

Make me a reasonable offer! I'd also consider swapping for something that has a more all mountain shape and can accommodate a stiffer, soft boot set-up (with a waist of at least 22cm). I can send more pics. Write with any questions. As a new poster, I have 100% positive Ebay feedback that I can show you. Thanks!!!

post-6931-141842250096_thumb.jpg

post-6931-141842250098_thumb.jpg

post-6931-1418422501_thumb.jpg

When you say it's cap construction, is it standard, traditional cap all the way around? The reason I ask is that Nidecker's site refers to "N concept construction" and then gives a very unhelpful explanation of what that is. I had surmised that maybe it was some sandwich-cap hybrid.

Very curious about this board; thanks for any clarification.

Hi John,

It looks like a cap all around--except for the waist--which is really a wild design. Basically, the waist edges looks like a sandwich of steel edge (and sintered graphite base material) with some sort of red strengthening layer above it, and then a layer of carbon/kevlar. That's it!!! There's no wood core over the waist edges. (Its cut away in an hour glass shape.) If I'm right, the Rad Air Lamms may have a similar edge construction--though its for a shorter length on the Proto.

Not sure if that's the "N Concept Construction" or not. Nidecker is a bit sketchy in their descriptions, and sometimes with their measurements---but I've loved every board of theirs that I've owned---just smooth as silk.

PS- The Proto is currently about to end on Ebay, so get it while its hot! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP<WBR>I.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item<WBR>=180216902460&ssPageName=STRK<WBR>:MESE:IT&ih=008

~Mark