Note to New Members ×

Full Face Helmets

newcarver

Had some jibber kids about a third my age ask if my full face helmet made me faster and then laughed...........I told them no, but I get to keep my teeth and avoid the snow rash........which by looking at them to save their cash as no helmet was going to help their looks in that departement .............. they did not say much after that.:smashfrea

I have a R.E.D. full face bought about three years ago. Plenty of visibility and warm when its cold and good venting when it warm.

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 189584" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Helmut Karvlow</TD><TD class=alt2>

Cracked my Red and went with carbon fiber full face.........my red felt like a cinder block compared to the carbon. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My R.E.D. seems just fine but I'd look at the Carbon fiber based on your comments. What brand and model Carbon Fiber are you in.

I kind of agree with the confident and relaxed comment. After promising my wife that I would always be wearing my helment, I have to admit that I have been pretty lame about actually doing it this year. I am usually at a very non threatening mountain and I just feel better in my good old ski hat. Of course I have had some tough falls and actually split my lip when I turned too close (and way too fast) around a "Slow" sign.

I have seen three fatality car accidents on the way up and down the mountain and I am thinking maybe I should be wearing the helment in the car.....

I've got a Giro Remedy, and I like it for the most part. I decided if I were going to get a helmet, I might as well get one with more coverage. Visibility is fine in every direction except down, so it's not usually a problem for me. No face plants since I got it, so I can't say if it's worth it, but I have a feeling I'll be glad I have it at some point.

Haven't had any negative comments from jibbers, but the younger kids all seem to think it's cool.

Crucible, I actually have two Raptors, the orange and a no paint version,

Both from the North Ski and boardswap that used to live on the bottom of Mtn Highway by Marine, ( It has moved to the old Dollarton Highway)

About once or twice a year they get in a bunch of Dainesse samples, its luck of the draw, havent seen any new stuff in a good bunch of months.

The Raptor has proven to be my best fitting MTBhelmet so far.

Dave*