Note to New Members ×

Conditions at Sunday River?

eastcoasticerider

we are in a meltdown here in Erie PA.....This weekend I will be trucking my daughter up to Portland Maine to take a job with a firm there...What are conditions like up there . Their website says they hav eplenty of snow and they make a lot to boot..... really looking forward to riding a real mountain rather than a small snowpark......jack ..get the chowder ready....Im lookng fo r a trip to the brewpubs also.... :biggthump

Don't know what it's like now, but.... this might help.

I was at Sunday River on Friday (1/4). Coverage was awesome and conditions were great.

Saturday, I was at Cannon - temps still below freezing.

Sunday was at Loon. Temps in mid- 30s, snow softening up.

Today stayed home in Plymouth, NH. High temp was 41. About 35 now.

Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer, but I don't think it will get much over 50 in ski country. I'm going back to Loon again for some spring conditions.

I think temps are supposed to start back down after tomorrow.

I was at the Rivah for the weekend and the conditions were awesome. Great cover, 100% open, etc. I found a few places where stuff was getting scrubbed, but its not bad at all.

Problem is, like Dave said....its warming up up there too. Its going to rain tomorrow and Wednesday (according to weather.com and local forecasts). They're listing "corn" as their surface condition right now. Wednesday is the peak of the warm up, then its going to cool back down and be below freezing. They have some pretty hefty snowmaking abilities, so I'm hoping they'll work their magic....

In general though, Sunday River is an awesome mountain. Its going to seem HUGE too - they have 8 peaks! I wish I was heading up this weekend, I'd meet up with you for a few turns!

Enjoy!

PS. I remember you posting about your daughter getting a job as a Landscape Architect. Who is she working with (if you don't mind me asking). I'm a civil engineer, and we work closely with LA's :cool: