Note to New Members ×

I need help with bindings

hockey2

I believe most hard boot bindings will work with your Burton Mega Flex. Not absolutely positive but pretty sure.

I am guessing you are just getting going and on a budget?

I think a good match would be some Snow Pros (see a number of those for 60-10$ they are bit more fuss to get set up but are fairly beefy and somewhat forgiving. Only good for 4 hole boards. Some TD1s will also sell in the 90-150$ range and they are very beefy and pretty stiff.

Tell us.

New Alpine Rider?

Approx Weight.

Get after it or cruise?

4 hole or 3 hole board.

Price range.

Example , Eric E has a nice set of Bomber TD1s in Eugene , I think he forgot to put a price in his listing but they would probably be in the 125$ range and in good shape?

Do you know what canting you like ? Oops, too much info for one post.

Welcome to BOL, we will get you locked in shortly :biggthump

Do a couple searches on different binding names and it will help you collect the background info for making a good choice on your bindings.

"Snow-Pro" "F2 bindings" " that sort of search string should net you results.

PS, want better support? TURN ON YOUR EMAIL!!!! Fill in your info, who , what , where , why sort of thing. Location can be key. If you happen to be next door to a journeymen carver they can bring you up to speed in a hurry. Don't expect them to hunt you down!!:nono: . Then be sure you bring good beer :eplus2::biggthump (But then most Hockey players already know that! From up North are you?)

Hey Hockey, good news, bad news.

At your weight, stick with the beefier bindings. Bit more expensive.

Grab the first set of TD1s under 130$ including shipping. (shipping is under 10$ anywhere)

You need "Standards" not Intec.

Hook up with Eric in "For Sale" for those TD1s. Tell him Bryan sent you and he will likely take 130$ delivered (hope I don't get into too much trouble here)

Anyhow, good news, you live in an area of expert carvers all around (they have to be , they are on the ICE COAST!!)

Side note, pad your ass, elbows and where a brain bucket PLEASE!!!

The 3 or 4 hole is easy, Is your board a Burton? If so , you need a 3 hole compatible binding. If not, cool, buy almost anything.

There's a NIB pair of Snowpro Race bindings on E-bay right now for around $70. I have 2 sets of these and they look nice. Have a lot of adjustment for boot sizes. They are made in Germany so I would think they are a good quality piece. I would stay away from the Burton bindings as the toe bails look pretty flimsy IMO. If you want the ultimate in stiff and strong, go with TDs or Catecs. A lot more $$$ though.

There's a NIB pair of Snowpro Race bindings on E-bay right now for around $70. I have 2 sets of these and they look nice. Have a lot of adjustment for boot sizes. They are made in Germany so I would think they are a good quality piece. I would stay away from the Burton bindings as the toe bails look pretty flimsy IMO. If you want the ultimate in stiff and strong, go with TDs or Catecs. A lot more $$$ though.

Couldn't agree more. Only I don't look to start the "big guy rocks the burtons firefight" , know what I mean Vern? :biggthump Because? well they are BIG GUYS and fortunately my friends. :lol:

Plus they are allot more "Forgiving" for the new rider. I have a couple pair, just not sure about recommending them to the big guys. PS. The Snow Pros top out at about Mondo 28 I think. At least with the most common boot shells.

His, different story.