Note to New Members ×

Converting Sazuka Straps and buckles?

Jrobb

So I was bored at work and started poking around BOL's store and was looking at the new Track 700's. I got to thinking about a trip coming up and was looking at stocking up on some replacement parts for my Sazukas (only one season old but I like to be prepared). So I was fliping back and forth between the Track 700's and the Sazukas (AF???). It looks like I could transplant the straps and buckles of the Track to the Sazuka. Only one that looked not possible was the top cuff strap.

Is this possible? Ignoring cost and the obvious "Why would you want to do that?":cool:

J

I was thinking that, myself. I had mentioned to a skier friend that I love my boots but hate the buckles -- and dropping $550+ on new boots & heels wasn't a reasonable solution. He thought that a good ski shop could drill out & mount better buckles, using spare parts from a ski boot model that I liked.

I'm too risk-averse to drill out my own boots, but encourage you to test it out and let us all know how it goes!

-jon-

• 3 weeks later...

anybody got any experience with this? i searched around and got nothing on the forum. i have some sb324 and am most interested in changing the instep (ankle) strap over to the track 700 buckle system. the parts on BOL's store look pretty interchangable to me. but before i buy buckles that don't work it would be great to hear anybody elses input.

I've not gotten any further myself. Later this season, I'll probably attempt it when I have some extra dough laying around...late Jan maybe. At the least I'll buy the parts and try some test fitting. If that doesn't get me anywhere, I'll sellem to someone who can use em.

J

The local ski shop (as well as several I found online) quotes $15 to replace a buckle, not including parts -- so to replace all four buckles on both boots would be almost a hunnert bucks. Buying all the parts here would run just over another hunnert.

At that point, I'd have spent almost half the price of the new track boots. Of course, if the ski shop works for spare beer instead of cash, and the parts are scavenged from old boots, it's a little more reasonable.