Note to New Members ×

Diagnosis is in- TWS is what the doc said

Chubz

Not Tranworld Snowboarding, but just got back from the doctor's, he confirmed what I though I had the past few weeks. Symptoms, barking at the wife :argue: , hot fork treatment for the kids, kicking the dog :smashfrea , overall teeth grinding :eplus2: and surliness. Becoming introverted, cant eat, constant diarhea :eek: (sp)

That's right, he said I am suffering from............

Trench Withdrawal Syndrome- TWS

I dont know about you folks, but this is the worst I have had since starting to carve 4 years ago. Seriously, I have been irritable, short tempered and surly, since summerizing my boards a couple weeks ago. Weather has been miserable, so I cant get out and waterski or tinker in the garage on my boards. I know Seasonal Stress Disorder exists, but any hobby induced syndromes.

I dont know if there has ever been any studies done on the effects to humans from withdrawal from their favorite hobbies, but I would be interested if there is. I know in Riding Giants, Laird talks about getting depressed when he isnt riding. Anyone know if such a thing exists. I'd be interested and so would my wife. She doesnt ride, so she may not "get it"

Later

Greg

I do know that this malady existed when I was heavily into hang gliding. I got it both in Minnesota and southern California. Once in Minn. a group of us had it so bad that we went to one of our sites in a very cold snowstorm. I was the only one to make it off the launch before the wind got so slow and snow so heavy nobody else wanted to try. It was so surreal, barely being able to see the trees that marked the cliff's ridgline because of the heavy snowfall. The wind was almost nonexistant, but just enough to create a tiny lift band right up against the trees because of the cold dense air.

The malady was more easliy treated in SoCal. The heavy duty cross country season came in mid summer and I'd make every other weekend a 3-day. A group of regulars would converge on the Owens Valley and hang out around Lone Pine, Manzanar, Lake Diaz. On great days we'd all get high and go far. During the off season we could fly the local sites that rimed the LA basin like Crestline, Elsinore, Sylmar, Cucamonga. Sometimes we would tow up off dry lakebeds way northeast of LA. Not great but took the edge off of the withdrawl.

Not Tranworld Snowboarding, but just got back from the doctor's, he confirmed what I though I had the past few weeks. Symptoms, barking at the wife :argue: , hot fork treatment for the kids, kicking the dog :smashfrea , overall teeth grinding :eplus2: and surliness. Becoming introverted, cant eat, constant diarhea :eek: (sp)

That's right, he said I am suffering from............

Trench Withdrawal Syndrome- TWS

Greg

Careful Greg - with an attitude like that you might get banned! :lol: