Note to New Members ×

New UPZ/VIRUS hardboots 2007/2008

Hans

I'm just gonna get some ski boots. I haven't actually put them in but having an intec heel would make it a huge pain to remove. I could just as easily go into the car and get ski boots. Someone (I think Bobdea) told me about that hassel but I just bought them anyway. I only skied twice this year anyway. One of these years I'm just gonna sell my skis because I have way more fun on a board. Not next year though.

Ahh, yes it is a PITA to swap 'em out, but I got used to it. Not too bad. I suppose I like to use the same boots which are already molded to my feet, and they're soft enuf to do fun skiing.

By any chance have they changed the POS walk/ride mechanism? The old one was a PITA since it always flipped closed if you walked in any kind of powder. It would work better if they just turned it upside down.

Well, I never have flip my walk/ride mode lever, but once. I just leave 'em in ride mode.

ya I actually love the boots. I have 31 days of riding on them so far. It all healed up well. All thats left is that there is a little bump on that shin now thats not a problem at all though. The liners just didn't match my leg type probably.

Get the thermoflex and have 'em molded to your feet.

already did and it made all the difference. Well that and the booster strap which I recommend to everyone.

I still get the occassional hot spot which goes away after lunch when i loosen my boot, take out the liner then reinsert it, but hopefully that will go away next year when I get some custom footbeds.

booster straps as in adding another one to already existing one? and as for me, during lunch, i just loosen' em up and then strap 'em back on. i still get those shin-rubbing as well as ankle socket rubbin'. sometimes it hurts, but im so used to it. most of the time the ankle/shin rubbing occurs when im skiing, not snowboarding. snowboarding, its no problem, really. well except for trying to get my feet -out- of my boots. easy to get in but a bitch to get 'em off.

I wasn't aware you already had one. I can never ride without them now because it feels too loose, even with the buckles down as tight as possible. Have you ever been 100% comfortable in them? I've had a handful of days where they just worked for me with no glitches, then others where I kinda suffer half the day till they feel like slippers after lunch.

Booster straps have sections of elastic material (one two or three layers) where the "power straps" that come with the boots do not. I've found that I prefer the booster straps, as I can dial in some preload, something you can't do with the power straps. Totally kills any shin bang instantly.

I wasn't aware you already had one. I can never ride without them now because it feels too loose, even with the buckles down as tight as possible. Have you ever been 100% comfortable in them? I've had a handful of days where they just worked for me with no glitches, then others where I kinda suffer half the day till they feel like slippers after lunch.

Yep, 100% comfortable I have been on several occassion. For snowboarding, that is. Skiing, its a hit and miss. 3rd season on 'em.