Note to New Members ×

Deeluxe Suzukas M25 w/RAB and Indy tongues

dshack

I'll see if I can borrow a camera to take some pictures, but besides some scuffing, the only functional problem is one stripped cant adjuster. However, I bought a new replacement one from Bomber, and I'll include it.

The boots are mounted with the red Indy tongue and spring-loaded RAB forward lean mechanism. They also come with the green suzuka tongues, and the normal 5-position lean devices. They've got black "race" tongues, too; I'm not quite sure how they compare in stiffness to the other two.

The liners have been molded twice, and are in good shape.

$200.

• 2 weeks later...

No, it's a standard RAB. It, the tongue, and the rear spoiler are taken from the Indy. I find that the spring mechanism is pretty good; I can tighten it so it gets really flexy or crank it down so it barely moves (I'm only about 52 kg, though). Apparently over on Extremcarving people have modded it with a longer spring, but I'm not quite sure how. Anyway, the original suzuka tongues, spoilers, and 5-position lean mechanisms are included if you prefer those.

Interesting. My rab only has a spring for the forward lean, but the brass nut is right up against the black housing on the top of it...

edit

like so...

raichle_lean.jpg

It does give me good ideas though. I might dismantle it and thread the whole thing, then stick a short stiff spring in there. I think it would really help keep the chatter down on my heelsides.

And there's not a little black spring just kind of sitting inside that housing?

I don't believe so. I'm at work, so I can't tell you positively, but I'm about 98% sure. Possibly different rabs for different boots? My boots are raichle 124s, so they didn't have rab originally, but the guy I bought them from liked the 124's lean adjuster, so he swapped them.

• 2 weeks later...

Dshack, might post this on the main board to see if others know about this RAB? I don't recall seeing this. It may be a simple mod or? If you can borrow the camera again , perhaps a close up? If it is simply an added spring, it would reduce the upper cuffs ability to be "Stood Up" more. Changing the amount of adjustment you have available. Interesting.

post-198-141842232195_thumb.jpg

I'm considering trying a little mod on my rabs. What I think I would do is take them apart and thread the rest of the way up the shaft so its like a mod that ECers would do (as I read on the carvers almanac) and then that would give the room for a little spring if I can get my hands on some. If it doesn't work out right, I'd still be able to adjust the nuts back to where they should be without springs.