Note to New Members ×

Hey Art , We did the Chilly Hilly - did you?

C5 Golfer

As a matter of fact I was freezing my ass off with the rest of you guys. Sorry I missed you. Good ride though. Rode the CX bike so I felt a little slow.

I rode my 25yr or so old Sekia 10 speed-- needed a few more gears for a couple of those hills, but I felt pretty good considering the conditions. The ride along the water with the wind in your face was a pisser. My two other fellow riders were drafting behind me but I did not know it till we stopped and they told me. :AR15firin

We started around 9:30-- 9:45 .. stopped at each of the big stops for a little pee break and drink. The Chile sure tasted good at the finish line.

My new bike is being built this week and I pick it up on Sat the 3rd. -- Hope we have some dry weather soon to ride it.

We were on the 755 boat and were done by about 1130 or so. I was pulling along the water too and my knees were not too happy. I just felt like my legs were full of gel or something and I have actually been riding alot. I had to go to work after but didnt go on duty till 5 so I mostly slept in the beanery till about 3 and took the hottest shower possible. Alot of people were saying this year seemed harder than in the past for some reason. Perhaps more wind than we thought?

Art,

I have been cleaning up my bike and I have never seen so much grime and grease transfered to my brakes and wheels than this ride. I have taken my wheels off and cleaned the heck out them but it looks like the brakes are toast - too much crap embedded in the rubber. Did you or have you the same problem??

Disc brakes on my CX bike. The smell on some of the downhill sections told me a few pads were gonna die! I just did a little rear derailleur overhaul (cheap Deore) that was squeaking on shifts, lubed the chain and put her away. Deffinately some nice iron rolling around in that slop. I cant wait to hear about your new ride. I have been riding in the cold and wet in the morning any way so I was pretty used to the weather.