Note to New Members ×

old and revised videos circa 1995 carving

caspercarver

two videos basically the same except old version has been colorized which some people had a hard time seeing so i used different software and redid it. the video is fairly old circa 1995. old school carving.

old video colorized http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7016751575026231017&q=jackson+hole&hl=en

new video with normal colors

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3240728274127679830&q=jackson+hole&hl=en

i am new to this thread thing so i am sorry for posting threads all over the place. hope you enjoy!

you know...just something I got watching the first one (the uneffected one)...your heelside turns are very "technical" looking and fit in with a lot of what people preach here with the upright upper body/shoulders parallel, etc, but then your toe turns are mostly of the "lean and go" style with your body basically extended straight out from the board...

do you still ride like this? Is it a conscious effort? Im not being critical because Im no pro...just thought I saw two different techniques from turn to turn and wondered how that came about.

looked like a lot of fun!

my carving style is strictly intuitive. i took no lessons and had no peers to get advice from. at teton village where i spend my time snowboarding, i may see one or two hardbooters a year. i have learned a lot from reading the threads here in this forum but when i am on the hill i snowboard by feel and not "the rules". i have always had a problem with my toeside turns, can"t tell you why except i am still learning each time i go out.

yeah...I noticed that your heel turns are way more powerful and fluid than your toe turns

Im self taught, too, and I ride more upright and extended, especially on heelside as well.

honestly...not an expert, coach or anything, but...the "just lean over" thing on the toes is likely part of your problem (you state there is a problem).

the way you keep your upper body upright on heelside...ever try doing that on toeside? Many here are proponents of that technique. Obviously there are other "ways" but...they make some good points, and the folks that ride that way some of em are pretty solid