Note to New Members ×

New Bicycle equipment for snow

C5 Golfer

NICE! Is that your new ride? I'm digging the Colnago plow, that thing must have cost a pretty penny, especially with all the weight they saved on it by reducing the blade length and moving the lettering to the edges. Wow...that must have been YEARS in R&D. What does it weight? Can't be any more than 400g with a name like that behind it :eek: . Carbon and Ti all the way :eplus2: .

More seriously, is that yours? And if it is, does the shovel on the front actually work like you planned it? It would seem that this would be an exellent way to plow bike paths, if it in fact works (studded tires front and rear of course).

NICE! Is that your new ride? I'm digging the Colnago plow, that thing must have cost a pretty penny, especially with all the weight they saved on it by reducing the blade length and moving the lettering to the edges. Wow...that must have been YEARS in R&D. What does it weight? Can't be any more than 400g with a name like that behind it :eek: . Carbon and Ti all the way :eplus2: .

More seriously, is that yours? And if it is, does the shovel on the front actually work like you planned it? It would seem that this would be an exellent way to plow bike paths, if it in fact works (studded tires front and rear of course).

Not mine Justin.. I think that is an Ottrott model. I did get fitted Sunday for my Legend Ti , specs are on their way to Serotta .. I think it is a 7 or so week lead time now. This week I have to decide color and paint scheme.

Color?? Paint scheme?? On a Ti bike??? C5, just leave the Ti plain, or have it polished!! If I had a Ti frame I would get the scotchbrite finish, that way if you do scratch it, break out the 3M scotchbrite pad and make it look new again.

Then again, maybe you were just kidding about the paint scheme.

Yeah, yeah, I know I haven't posted any pictures of the Volvos

Color?? Paint scheme?? On a Ti bike??? C5, just leave the Ti plain, or have it polished!! If I had a Ti frame I would get the scotchbrite finish, that way if you do scratch it, break out the 3M scotchbrite pad and make it look new again.

Then again, maybe you were just kidding about the paint scheme.

Yeah, yeah, I know I haven't posted any pictures of the Volvos

Hey Volvo guy - I just thought you did not really own a Volvo.

A bike with out paint is too plain Jane in mho. When you have the aluminum on the rims, all the metal from the sprockets , seat tube, it looks nice to have a little color here and there. Looking at a 1/2 paint and 1/2 polish on the Ti frame. I never liked Delorean sports car looks maybe you did which is ok, "not that there is anything wrong with that!"