Note to New Members ×

i think i'm getting this carving bussines BUT

Guest sandarapark

Guest sandarapark

okay, i just started ridding with hardboots this season ( total of 4 days so far). sometimes i could do that hand-skimming-on the slope-thing. however most of the time i change edges i go air born (if moving fast) which i find somewaht un comfortable but i could land it properly and start to carve a new turn. okay so here is what i do; at the start of a turn, i distribute my weight equaly on both my feet. then after that i find it necessary for me to move my weight on the back foot because if not, i run the risk of washing out (especialy on the steep icy slopes) whenever i don't do it. then whenever it's time to start a new turn, i shift ny body forward to distribute my weight evenly on both my feet (this is olso the time i go airborne). then again with the weight shifted on the back foot and so on.

anything wrong here? how do i prevent my self from getting airborne?

1st, do NOT try to "skim your hand." Usually that makes you bend at the waist and reach for the snow.

look at lots of photos of good positioning. no one reaching for the snow

2nd...air between turns is COOL! Get used to it and rock the style!

:)