Note to New Members ×

Anyone Need A Powder Day?

Thor VonRippington

I hope you enjoy the powder. That is your advantage living up there instead of Denver. We have close to 18 inches on the ground here and it is still snowing making it very hard to drive up. I stayed home today because I figured it was too risky to drive up.I also have work off tommorow due to bad roads. I think I will try to go cross country skiing thursday as the roads will still be bad. Should be fun and will be a good workout with no driving involved. Will be able to ski right out my front door and make first tracks. I hope I70 will be good Sunday and Monday as I plan on going up. Oh well there is still a ton of season left in Colorado!

That storm did miracles for us down here. Loving this El Nino so far! Santa Fe got 29" in the past 24 hours and boy did they need it. Angel Fire got 12"+ and it was still snowing when they measured it. Wolf Creek got another 11" in the last 24hrs and 40" in the past 48hrs. Wolf now has 186" YTD and it's not even January yet.

It has been snowing pretty hard here in ABQ for the past 36 hours. They even closed Kirtland AFB so I got a free day off, but I-25 was closed between ABQ and Santa Fe so I couldn't even hit the slopes for the powder day. :(

Things are starting to look good for a promising season! Too bad I won't be able to hit the slopes till the weekend after Xmas! :(