Note to New Members ×

swallowtails

Guest surfsnow

Guest surfsnow

A friend of mine told me about this website and that he had seen some discussion on swallowtails and the mojos in particular so I thought I should jump in and add my 2 cents worth. I was the founder/owner of a snow/surf shop in Utah known as Milosport. I also was a part owner of Winterstick up until about 2000. At Winterstick I was heavily involved in board design in particular the ST's and the Swallowtails. Recently, I got the itch to design a new swallowtail because I could not find anything on the market that I liked. I would love to say I only ride bottomless pow in the backcountry but cant cuz I dont. I do however get to pick my days and I get more than my share of good good pow days particularly at Pow Mow and the Basin. I designed the Mojo with the design engineer that built many of the early sticks back in the late 70's. He is currently doing the same thing at Revolution in Orem. I designed the board work good in powder but still function well in crud and hard pack. It carves on hp very well even riding it backwards! You should see the looks we get doing that! I built it to be ideal for my personal specs of 180lbs, size 10.5 boot size. I like a med/stiff flex because I like to ride fast and the softer flexing mojos we tested did not hold as well with my weight. The nose would flex too much on hard carves. There is nothing secret about the design. On edge the board has a similar sidecut to a 98' 172 ST. A relativley deep radius of about 8.5m. Flat , it is classic swallowtail but not as wide as the Swallowtails that I designed of the late 90's. The insert pattern is very close to centered on the effective edge, it just looks set back in the pics. I still have fun on the 90's era Swally's in soft untracked like maybe a day with Powderbirds. If I am resort riding on a Powder day I ride the mojo. I would like to build another 10 cm smaller version

for my kids. I think a intermediate rider of 150lbs and up can have fun on a mojo. I just build a few every now and then for friends and family... We are open with a 4-5' base but very bony still , be careful and I hope this sheds some light on these boards