Note to New Members ×

Amazing Youtube find

Justin A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zpF0W7pjYQ

My spoon is too big. Amazing ****. Anyone who likes the wacky weed out there, smoke some before watching. Even if you don't it will feel like you did.

Edit: It's like..10x better the second time you watch it. The first time you just stare at the screen saying what the ****, but the second time you can enjoy the hilarity (I just showed it to my girlfriend and it was funnier that time)

Heh, yeah - this made the animation circuit a while ago - I think it was actually nominated for the Academy Award for short animated film back in 2000 or so. It is not uncommon to hear people saying "my spoon is too big" or "I am the queen of France" or "I am feeling fat and sassy" here at work :D Totally hilarious stuff.

Don Hertzfeldt (sp?) has some other really great shorts that you should watch if you get a chance.

Ah, L'amour

Billy's Balloon

are two good ones I can think of.

Hah, I just popped over to his website (bitterfilms.com) and his FAQ addresses the commercials (as well as seeing his work on sites like youtube) with a pretty funny sense of humor:

"Did you direct that terrible commercial I just saw on TV? It sort of looked like you drew it, if you were maybe partially retarded."

No. Don has never had anything to do with the production of a television commercial and has publicly vowed many times that he never will. Sadly, it seems to be the vogue these days for creatively bankrupt corporate types to rip off his stuff. This is why you may be noticing an abundance of vaguely familiar yet dreadful looking squiggly stick things on television hawking tampons or Pop Tarts. It was fascinating and weird at first but now it's getting irritating.

...and about the films on the internet:

"we put lots of care into shooting on 35mm, perfecting the soundtracks, and quality-controlling them like vultures so it's sometimes a little heartbreaking to see them flippantly downgraded into little mono video files by a 10 year old who doesn't know what he's doing, for all the world to see.. it's annoying when that's how some people might be first exposed to your work. movies are not meant to be seen over the internet. it's clearly an inevitable thing to deal with and we're not interested in harassing fans or bumming people out, i just hope people understand that what they're downloading is the equivalent of drinking a glass of fine wine after it's been filtered through a sewer. it's really not quite the same wine after that"