Note to New Members ×

TD2 Suspension Kit Marks Board - Solutions?

Sinecure

I have one of the early TD2 Suspension Kits. I've noticed that the center disks leave marks on my board. Kind of like dirt mixed with oxydized aluminum. Does anyone have a solution to this issue or a suggestion for how to prevent it? Thoughts...Lube, anodize, wax, condom?

If I remove the binding each day and wipe it down its not too much of a problem, but if I leave the bindings on for a few days, it builds up and doesn't want to come off. Its not that big a deal, but it would be nice to avoid. There used to be some really thin disks that Donek or Bomber made to prevent TD1s from leaving indents on boards. If I added something like that would I need even longer screws than the ones that came with the kit?

I have one of the early TD2 Suspension Kits. I've noticed that the center disks leave marks on my board. Kind of like dirt mixed with oxydized aluminum. Does anyone have a solution to this issue or a suggestion for how to prevent it? Thoughts...Lube, anodize, wax, condom?

If I remove the binding each day and wipe it down its not too much of a problem, but if I leave the bindings on for a few days, it builds up and doesn't want to come off. Its not that big a deal, but it would be nice to avoid. There used to be some really thin disks that Donek or Bomber made to prevent TD1s from leaving indents on boards. If I added something like that would I need even longer screws than the ones that came with the kit?

If it is due to the aluminum on the board surface, I fixed mine by fabricating a disc out of .032 thick plastic laminate. (AKA Formica) Problem of marking is no longer there.