Note to New Members ×

need OC/LA hardboot shop

bjvircks

I'm heading to Anaheim for a few days next week and then going back for the following full week. I want to get to some shops while there to try on various hardboots.

Anybody got any input on shops in the area that just might be open, have some gear, and maybe even somebody knowledgeable?

ALSO... would any OC/LA shops be open to do some not so minor base repair and tune?? I've got a board that was kinda screwed up by a previous owner. (I almost said 'prior owner' but then realized a PRIOR owner would not have done this damage and then botched the repair) If I'm heading out to OC on the company's ticket I may as well drag the board along.

Any help would be appreciated!

Brad

Goldsmiths up at big bear lake has a very limited supply of hardboot stuff left over from when they actually carried it. I got some 03/04 Suzukas there last season. Of course there might not be anything left. And I'm pretty sure they only have boots and bindings if anything, they just might have like an oxygen board in the back but don't quote me on that becuase I'm very, very unsure of that. But then again I doubt you want to drive to big bear and I have no data to suggest weather they sell snow stuff over the summer becuase I only go up there during winter.

Thanks... I forgot about Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead.

Yrs ago I lived out by Riverside, flew hang gliders at Crestline, Elsinore, Torry Pines, Sylmar. It would be great to take a drive up Rim Of The World and visit my old stomping grounds. Too bad I'll be working days, otherwise it would be fun to watch the flying and see if anyone I knew is still alive.

Back on topic: Really.... no HB friendly shops? Any shop anyone would recomend for slightly-more-than-minor base repair and a grind?

Another shop worth a phone call is Mtn High Sports located in Wrightwood, just down the street from Mtn High Ski Area. The owner's name is Tim, he is a carver. I know last year he carried some TD2s and he could possibly have some leftover inventory from years past. Hope this helps. If you come out to Lake Arrowhead/San Bernardino, shoot me an email always good to meet other carvers and put some faces to some screen names. I am right off the road as you drive up to the hangliding spot.

Thanks for the input regarding hardboot shops.

I really would like to know if there is a shop in OC/LA basin that

1. can get to easily weekdays after working hours

2. can do good base repair / grind / edge angles

3. open this week / next week!

It does not need to be carving friendly, just competent, open and the right guy(s) available.

I don't have enough time after work during my stay to drive up to Big Bear or Mtn High. I really would like to get a board worked on by a good shop. Since I'm not using my entire baggage allowance I figured I'd drag it along.

OK... OK... all I'm really interested in is hauling an easily recognized snowboard thru airports off season so I can (pretending) tell folks 'yeah... I'm heading to Portillo to catch some late season slope time':rolleyes:

Aaron... I'll PM you later!

Brad

EDIT: Phone numbers and addresses of shops would be MOST HELPFUL so I can map where they are :biggthump

....we hope to see you up here in the Twin Cities this year. Last year there was a Carving Cup at Buck Hill....hopefully there will be another here this December. Are those Bombers working well, I hope?

Patrick's getting a new Prior this year and I am sure he would love showing it off at a Sunday Buck session.

Your bindings are doing well....on the board of a 12 year old that did well at Nationals last year....thanks again.

Matt

Hi Aaron... thanks for the confirmation about the hopelessness of the situation (getting a board touched up while I'm in SoCal). It looks as if I'm going to be booked pretty solid for my time here this week. Perhaps some face time next week?

Hey there Matt... funny you should mention those Race Plates! They came off the board I'm trying to get worked on here in Ca! Soon after I sold them I started kicking myself. I wanted the benefits of having a second board set up and ready to ride. ANYWAY... just a few weeks ago I scored a really sweet deal on a nos rossi 184 wc WITH brand new plates/cant. I'm so stoked!

So Matt... I do plan on getting up to the Mpls area slopes this season. Maybe real early season a Mpls shop could do the work?

Gotta run, guys... breakfast with the engineering team awaits and then attempts to prove to a bunch of managment weenies that physics patterned after road runner/wily coyote antics won't really work.

Brad