Note to New Members ×

UPZ Boots?

povel

No, I haven't. And like I said, I've had no problems with 2 pairs of boots.

I have a pair as well....2 seasons with no problems(and i ride alot)...talked to Dan about the issue he told me that only one olympic rider that he knows of has cracked a toe piece...but thats just the normal wear and tear as far as im concerned.......i think the whole UPS thing is a little plot to steer people to another brand of boots :p

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Yellow ones will be the newer version of the current Red ones, but a bit stiffer I heard. The current black ones (Virus special edition) will stay black, but a little softer for next season... :lurk:

Sounds like they will be offering a few different colors next year. The red will continue, black and yellow may be offered in limited quantities. His comments seem to point out that the difference in flex is just the plastic flex characteristics based on coloring (unless Ray has some more inside info), i.e. no real change from the past year. It also sounds like there won't be any big changes planed over the next few years either, so I guess "If it works, don't fix it".

-Gord

Sounds like they will be offering a few different colors next year. The red will continue, black and yellow may be offered in limited quantities. His comments seem to point out that the difference in flex is just the plastic flex characteristics based on coloring (unless Ray has some more inside info), i.e. no real change from the past year. It also sounds like there won't be any big changes planed over the next few years either, so I guess "If it works, don't fix it".

-Gord

Flex due to different plastic, correct. Did Dan say anything about buckles? I heard they might be changed as well. Hmm.

I hope that's the case for the buckle changes.

The one I have are ok-ok. Just Im beating 'em up a bit too much and one of 'em is somewhat slightly off alingment.

Can't you turn it?!

Mine are adjustable with screws and the screw-key was in the boots box...

:-O

Can't you turn it?!

Mine are adjustable with screws and the screw-key was in the boots box...

:-O

well, not really. apparently, the buckle got a bit knocked out and it's kinda "out of the hole" but not entirely. I dont know if it makes sense. I oughta make a photo of it and post it later on.

My Head Stratos Pro boots were nice but after 2 seasons the top of the shell cracked making them useless. Also, Head buckles are great but the springs on my power buckle wore causing the handle to extend out a little. My 5 buckle UPZ shells seem stronger but the heel spring mechanism is terrible so I need to convert to some kind of BTS. This season the heel spring mechanism broke off and I hat to get a boot shop to rivet it on (very ghetto looking).

I can only fit in Head and UPZ boots because of my wide feet. Looking at current ski boot technology it seems that ALL modern carving boots out are way behind. Sad:(

Tim