Note to New Members ×

burton e-deck 154

Guest Dafe Edgar

Guest Dafe Edgar

I can get my hands on a Burton e-deck 154, for 39 bucks. I want to know if

A) I can use this as my intro hard setup board (I'm 6ft 1" and weigh on a good day, 185 lbs.) or B) I can effectively resell it for more and buy myself a

taller carver board? Any advice is hugely appreciated.

Dafe

A) The E-Deck 154 is WAY to short for you (and maybe too soft, I've never ridden one). Something in the mid 160s would be a good starting point (some would say low 170s is good also).

B) The resale value of this board is not really high. If you try to resell it, you might be stuck with it for a while or you may only get what you paid for. FYI, Burton only made those in 1997 and 1998.

Dafe,

I also have an E-Deck. Its a yellowish color and I think a 156. I bought it in 1997 with Burton race plates. I have Burton wind boots(kind of soft), I weigh 175 at 5' 8". I still ride this board from time to time. It is a soft board and won't perform as well as other race/carving decks in hard conditions. This does not mean it won't perform though. I have ridden mine in ALL types of conditions from soft to ice and it will carve a great line. I would consider this board a great cross over board for some one who is starting to get into plate riding. As far as resale, $39 is a good buy provided it is in good condition. My friend bought the same board with bindings in great condition 4 years ago for $100. Don't count on getting to much more than that after you're done with it.