Note to New Members ×

Head BTS.

surfinsmiley

thanx, bosco!

did any spring contact took place when flexing the boot max forward?

can you post the photo of boot max flexed forward - to look at how spring placed in that stage.

seems that I will need some pant protection coz I think they will be chewed in and out by spring in action

• 2 months later...

resurrecting this thread to get some ideas goin. I got my BTS and I think they're a little more bulky/heavy than necessary and am considering trying to machine some for Head boots.

This is not intended as an insult/attack/dis on what Fin/Bob/anyone else have done.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know if there's a good reason not to invert the moving upper part (attached to the boot cuff) so the attachment point is below it instead of above? Seems like this would reduce the angular travel of the spring strut, which bears on the back of the cuff on my boots in the neutral position and will be tilted further forward as the boot flexes forward. It also appears that the neutral position could be a bit more forward-leaning this way.

I haven't drilled holes yet. Gotta pick up some bolts first so the gratification can be nearly instant!

Hmm, Assuming you are talking about simply turning the 'Upper Case' upside down, that's a very interesting thought.

I'm also anxious to hear any feedback from the Engineers here.

I love the BTS, but don't like how it pivots from one point (the top) which puts an angle on the Upper Case under certain conditions, which in turn creates interferance with the Main Shaft and the Springs rub the Upper Case. I would only have to guess it would still act the same with the pivot point on the bottom but rock in the opposite direction ??

You may be on to something though, I'm going to have to 'mock it up' to try, when I get a chance. Let us know what you come up with !

I put one together with the upper body or "car" upside down and mounted it on my boot. The strut rocks away from the boot rather dramatically since the car pivots so much. I notice (after mounting it per the instructions - taking my life into my own hands) that the car rocks quite a bit that way as well. The strut doesn't swing out when flexing forward, but the car pivots a lot on it's mounting pin and the strut swings noticeably when leaning back. THere's a lot of slop between the car bore and the strut, which may be needed to keep the sliding joint from binding. Seems like a decent slide bushing would be a better approach. Or fix the car to the boot at two points and add a pivoting bearing in the car for the strut to slide through so it won't bind. Some of the motions and constraints seem kind of un-engineered. It does make the boot feel better in my garage!

The "garage" version looks better from this perspective, but I'm not too keen on the attachment of the car to the thin wall of the boot cuff with screws tapped into the aluminum "L" car.

Dennis

• 9 months later...
Pins were made from 3/16" stainless bolts cut to length. The top one is longer.

Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to do this to my Stratos Pros. Curious what holds the fabricated 3/16" pins in place? Is the pressure exerted by the holes enough? If so, they must be a PITA to get in!

Thanks,

-Jeff

Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to do this to my Stratos Pros. Curious what holds the fabricated 3/16" pins in place? Is the pressure exerted by the holes enough? If so, they must be a PITA to get in!

Thanks,

-Jeff

Not really, a hammer does the job. Just make sure when drilling with a 5mm bit to kinda move the drill inside the plastic to open it up a bit. I wouldnt use a 6mm bit btw, you want that pin really snug.