Note to New Members ×

WTC photo shoot: Sunday

Scott Firestone

Dig it! Looks like a great time - great photos for sure!!

Maybe it's just the angle, or am I seeing something different?- on Wednesday's pictures, there is the one of Bordy @ the tent w/ the Kessler ("Back at the demo tent, everyone talks shop. Bordy has his hands on a Kessler Titanal board, 2nd generation. The Kessler Titanal 3rd generation boards are out, but only the Swiss team has them") - It looks like the stance is way back on the board??

Billy, you need to give everyone the speech on the 2nd gen. Kesslers - everyone is asking about them......

3009.jpg

The way I understand it, the nose is longer than other race boards, to help the board ride up, and out of ruts in a PGS course, and it also helps with damping. If you look closely, you can tell that the camber in the board starts quite a ways back from the start of the nose. Also, as Phil has mentioned, the inserts are set up much like other boards relative to the camber and sidecut of the Kessler.

This is my best recollection of Billy's explanation of the nose profile on the Kesslers, of course I'm not Billy, so I'm sure I’m not completely correct.

The way I understand it, the nose is longer than other race boards, to help the board ride up, and out of ruts in a PGS course, and it also helps with damping. If you look closely, you can tell that the camber in the board starts quite a ways back from the start of the nose. Also, as Phil has mentioned, the inserts are set up much like other boards relative to the camber and sidecut of the Kessler.

Seems like my Coiler PR188 shares some of those characteristics - especially the camber that starts a few inches from the start of the nose. I won't be racing that deck anytime soon, but man is it stable, and it certainly is quite comfy on non-ideal grooming.

That's me, Silly!!

Dave

No- not the one posted above -the one scott took w/ fred sitting in the chair with his back toward the camera. I'm certain you are the one that explained the universe to billy (he found it so cool he changed his lifestyle and grew his hair out) and now likes to repeat it alot to everybody else. :D

One thing to add to the Catek PSA - Jeff is now selling the discs and plates separately, so rather then having to buy a 2nd set for $289, you can buy the disc ($69) and if you want the power plate (also $69) so you can just swap the top part of the binding - $138 for quick changes or $69 for a little less quick sure beats $289

What Kessler.... I hear they are good...... ;) (olympic year)

Jeff. Fred and I where talking Pow boards so of course it looks deep there are few topics as important.... I forgot what Dave said about the universe something about.... Everything in the universe turns so should we.... :biggthump

Billy, you need to give everyone the speech on the 2nd gen. Kesslers - everyone is asking about them......

(pic removed for conservation of space)

This is my best recollection of Billy's explanation of the nose profile on the Kesslers, of course I'm not Billy, so I'm sure I’m not completely correct.

Wicked-Sweet set up - no doubt Bordy knows how to push it to it's premium!

It must take some getting used to as in the photo below it looks like he's almost in the back seat, yet it sounds like in this instance the board may be doing exactly what it's designed to do?

ngafdy.jpg