Note to New Members ×

Sunapee 2/2/06

Jack M

Thought y'all would like to see some footage we shot this past Thursday.

http://media.putfile.com/Sunapee-2-2-06

It was Bob's 1st day out with the new helmet cam, so there area few small bugs, but the vid is still cool.

Who's who:

Light Jacket - GeoffV

Red Jacket with white stripes - Jack Michaud

Black jacket with red boots - TrailerTrash

Air time courtesy of EZE.

Camera guy - Bob Jenney

http://media.putfile.com/Sunapee_2-2-06 Lower res version

that poor, poor vid section is feeling lonely.

really smooth riding. was it icy that day?

the sides of the runs look like CURBS. you have CURBS next to your runs. thats kinda scary. maybe it just looks that way

never heard that track...its TCM...no idea who that is rhyming...?

nice one

D-Sub,

My music range is huge. From the Mama's and the Papa's to Chimaira, to Everclear, to Linkin Park, to Brain Ferry, They Might Be Giants, Primus, Rollins Band, and yes, even some Ani DiFranco, Alanis Morrisette, Disturbed, Soul Coughing, I could go on and on...

who the heck is Brain Ferry?

not really into the rap/electronic thing...its really just a sales ploy the labels do, but Im a fan of some TCM stuff. liked that track in its original form.

really like some of the riding though. towards the end, especially about 3:35 to when Jack ripped past Geoff, I was really nervous. y'all ride super close together!

oh, and that air off the little rise...SWEET!

I gotta get some more footage!

DOH! BRYAN FERRY!

summer of 69, right? dont know much about the other stuff.

LOL - that's Brian Adams. And here I thought you were a fellow child of the 80s! Bryan Ferry is Roxy Music. His album Avalon is superb for gettin' busy with your lady-friend on a bear skin rug in front of a crackling fire, next to a bottle of Courvoisier.

Yeah, that turn towards the end could have been carnage, but instead Geoff pulled a nice concentric carve inside mine.

Neil - thanks! I was feeling alright for day 2 of my season. :rolleyes:

It's "audiophile" music. Like Steely Dan. It's what you put on when you want to evaluate your system. You get a glass of whatever, maybe grab your sound meter and check the levels, turn the lights down, sit in just the right spot, close your eyes, and listen for all the subtleties your investment lets you hear.

It's "audiophile" music. Like Steely Dan. It's what you put on when you want to evaluate your system. You get a glass of whatever, turn the lights down, sit in just the right spot, close your eyes, and listen for all the subtleties your investment lets you hear.

How can you tell what's right with all the synths?

My favourite audiophile album is "Famous Blue Raincoat", the collection of Leonard Cohen covers by Jennifer Warnes. Gorgeous record, beautifully recorded. Sounds great on my old Linn.