Note to New Members ×

june mountain 2/9 to 2/12

thomas

Hey Thomas, I was up with the family Thurs through Sunday last week and had a geat time. On Sunday, I ran into Terry and Tim at June and rode with them for a couple of hours. The conditions were classic June. The snow was firm, hooking up, and groomed to perfection. Absolutly no crowds, about 42 degees, no wind and you could see for miles.

We rode Materhorn, Shatts and caught Gunsmoke as good as it gets. Terry seems to know everyone at June, and we got word that jumps are being built on Gunsmoke this week. Anyway, I might be up thrus and friday, I'll let you know if I make it. GC

Hey Thomas, I was up with the family Thurs through Sunday last week and had a geat time. On Sunday, I ran into Terry and Tim at June and rode with them for a couple of hours. The conditions were classic June. The snow was firm, hooking up, and groomed to perfection. Absolutly no crowds, about 42 degees, no wind and you could see for miles.

We rode Materhorn, Shatts and caught Gunsmoke as good as it gets. Terry seems to know everyone at June, and we got word that jumps are being built on Gunsmoke this week. Anyway, I might be up thrus and friday, I'll let you know if I make it. GC

Hey Gary,

We didn't end up over at June this past weekend but the backside of Mammoth was great on Sunday. Very grippy and wonderful carving.

I am sad to hear the news on Gunsmoke. :mad: By far the best carving run on the mountain.

There's Terry literaly smokin it up. Tim, that little camera took pretty good pics, thanks for sending to the pictures of my daughter and I.

And to Neil, I saw your car parked at the Manor, but missed you on the mountain.

Not going to make it up this week. Will be up at the end of the following week for five days. Keep in touch. Until then. GC

Just got back from a 4 day weekend there. Crowds at Mammoth as expected. Deep pow on Sat. Was a bit soft and chunky, but I did my best to tear up gunsmoke today.

Who was that on the Proton? Saw you making some nice big turns, but didn't have a chance to meet up.

I'll be up next weekend as well and I hope gunsmoke will again be ours to trench up. :eplus2:

Frank

Good riding riding with you Terry and Tim at Gunsmoke Sun., some great really good carving, wish we could have ridden Sat.

BTW, Ray the Overdose rocks.

Eileen and I got out of town this morning, poured all night long, turned to snow once on hwy. 395 to Mammoth with on and off rain to SD. Hope to get back up next weekend. aloha

Brian

Neil,Brian.Tim

What runs do you guys like at Mammoth?

Also they're talking about closing June three days aweek next season.

Frank

The backside is great actually, chairs 13/14. Few crowds, WIDE open. Some parts are nice and steep. Great place to bust out the big boards. It can be a little bit of a pain getting back there, but its worth it.

Otherwise, Stump is alright, but can get crowded of course. Bridges over by chair 15 is a good newbie-carver run. Very few people go to that run, and the pitch is very even like gunsmoke, but a little less steep.

Over by WH2, chair 8 has a few good runs to the right of the lift. Hully gully and runs around it do not get too crowded, and are usually well groomed.

• 2 weeks later...