Note to New Members ×

Burton Boards question?

paappraiser

Does anyone know what the largest ultraprime and alps that were made and what the specs on the larger 164cm+ ultraprimes and alps?

Also whats the difference between the Alps and UltraPrime?

Im trying to find a larger Freecarve board with a smaller turning radius for our narrow trails.

Thanks

Matt

Here's the specs on the Alp 169 I bought last year (from BlueB):

Nominal L = 169 cm

L (measured) = 167.5 cm

Contact L (measured) ~ 147 cm - 148 cm

Camber (measured) = 1.6 cm

Nose (measured) = 26.8 cm

Waist (measured) = 21.5 cm

Tail (measured) = 26.6 cm

SCR (calculated) ~ 10 m - 10.5 m

BOBSI = 9.2

It's been a great first board for our small, local area, but I'm starting to think that it's time to try something a bit stiffer......

was 168 if I remember correctly maybe there was a 171 as well but I don't think so

anyway, get the ultra prime, they are much better boards than the alps for everything but pow runs

the SCR on UPs was around 11 or 12 and radial

in all honesty the FPs are better for what most folks want to do than the UPs but the UPs are fun forgiving rides

Weasel rips on his

in all honesty the FPs are better for what most folks want to do than the UPs but the UPs are fun forgiving rides

Weasel rips on his

Thats what Im looking for. Im not looking to tear up the world.

Trying to find a board that is really good on Pennsylvania east coast Crud and ice.

Can turn sharp on our narrow and congested trails.

Big enough for my fatso body (190lbs)

I though a radius around 10.5-11 were what I was looking for :confused:

The FP sounds like a lot of work by the end of the day. Looking for something forgiving and easy to ride. I have a 171 burton coil that I love (EASY to ride). Im just looking for something a little better on the ice. The coil has a soft nose.

The Alp won't be much of an improvement over your Coil. You'd be happier with the UP if you want to stick to Burton.

I dont need to stick to anyone brand. There just seems to be a lot of burton gear out there.

Im looking to keep the price down. Ill go up to 300$ including shipping for a really good board. I only get about 12 days max a year on the mountain so its hard for me to cough up 600$ for custom coiler or donek.

Thats what Im looking for. Im not looking to tear up the world.

Trying to find a board that is really good on Pennsylvania east coast Crud and ice.

Can turn sharp on our narrow and congested trails.

Big enough for my fatso body (190lbs)

I though a radius around 10.5-11 were what I was looking for :confused:

The FP sounds like a lot of work by the end of the day. Looking for something forgiving and easy to ride. I have a 171 burton coil that I love (EASY to ride). Im just looking for something a little better on the ice. The coil has a soft nose.

Check out Derf's website but you would be looking at a UP168 radius is around 11.80ish or a FP167 radius 12.23. I be taking mine out (FP167) either Wed or Thurs I tell you how it rides