Note to New Members ×

Another great day @ Shasta!

ar(angel

Here are some pic's of us up at Shasta today. Caught up with Rob (Ralann) and Bill (Trikerdad) in the morning, but Bill was long gone by 10:30am. He and Rob were tearin' it up and had made half a dozen runs before the kids and I could even get on the lift for our first run! Rob stuck around and ended up boarding with us the rest of the day. What a blast it is to have a fellow hardbooter along to share the stoke. Rob was on rails today, especially in the morning when conditions were not favorable (icy & rock hard). Snow mellowed out later and allowed us to get these shots your seeing now. Sorry for the poor shots on my part, trying to photograph Rob on that 185 flying by is like trying to get a snap shot of a B1-B as it goes blowin' past you! :eek: Thanks again Ron for hangin' out with us, it was another great day!

Have fun,

Paul

post-857-141842214592_thumb.jpg

post-857-141842214594_thumb.jpg

post-857-141842214596_thumb.jpg

the old man.... ;) Rob's a much better photographer than me as is evident by our respective pictures. I think these were the only decent turns I made all day! It was truly scary sitting in the middle of a run with him barreling down the hill at me setting up for a monster toeside....one that I didn't get 'cause I basically flinched! :eek: Off to the lodge for a change of shorts.... :o

post-857-141842214606_thumb.jpg

post-857-141842214608_thumb.jpg

:eek: suddenly I feel all funny inside...... :barf: Seriously, if you'da had a hole in your pants I'da said something, or at least made one of the kids tell you! That morning ice was a killer, hopefully we'll have better conditions this weekend. I'll drop you a line if I'm gonna make it tomorrow.

Wow, what a great looking day! Just had to rub it in didn't ya? Good on you guys, I was jones-in' all day at work knowing you two were tearing it up with out me.... :( We've gotta get together and do a Tuesday sometime soon or I'm gonna feel left out ;) An hour and a half before closing.... :eek: Hope he's not to wore out for SES. Go represent for us big guy! Scott, you didn't look close enough at the pic of me, somewhere underneath all that slush is a big "F2" on the nose of my board.... :D I'm counting the days 'til the Virus gets here, I'll have to do a head-to-head against the F2 :eplus2:

Have fun,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Those are some great pic's, I can't wait to see the rest. Thanks Bill for the advice on my heelside turns, as you can see they got better as the day went on. Look forward to doing it again soon, if the crew at Bomber can come up with some indestructable equipment for you! :D Rob was really rippin' & laying out full on EC carves on his toesides. Bill had a great morning until he blew out his boot, this guy can push equipment to it's limits! I was struggling on the Virus for awhile, but settled into some better riding later in the day. I fought off the urge to swap-out for the F2 when I was having trouble and stayed on the Virus all day. I'm sore today....they're not kidding when they tell you there's a 5 day break-in period for one of these things! :eek: I'll post a "Virus ride report" on another thread.

Have fun,

Paul